Saturday, March 7, 2015

WPlus9 Throw Back Thursday Challenge

Today's card was made for WPlus9's Throw Back Thursday challenge.  I am so excited to see one of my favorite stamp companies hosting a challenge again.  Oh boy, have I missed those Monday Mood Board challenges!  If you would like to see this challenge for yourself, you can read about it here.



For this card, I used my Stampin' Up D block and dabbed various Distress Inks onto it.  Then I spritzed the block with water until it was nice and pooled.  I turned my inked block over and set it onto my card stock panel.  I moved it around slightly to try and make as nice of a square shape as I could.  After letting the panel dry completely, I stamped and embossed my sentiment and stars.  Lastly, the entire panel was adhered to the card base with dimensional foam adhesive.  My favorite part about this card was how the ink colors came out looking so galaxy-ish.  :)  
Thank you for the inspiration, WPlus9!

Thanks ever so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Perfect background for your design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, I love the colors you used to create your galaxy. Thanks so much for playing along in the WPlus9 Throwback Challenge!

    ReplyDelete