Saturday, October 6, 2012

WCMD & MIM85


It's World Card Making Day!  What have I been doing on World Card Making Day?  Freezing my tukas off at soccer games ... morning, noon, and night.  Literally, we had a game early this morning, one at noon, and another one tonight.  We would have had a fourth game today, but the opposing team cancelled it.  Oh, how I wish I could have spent the whole day, warm and cozy, crafting in my jammies!

Between games, I did manage to eek out one little card.  I decided to use Dawn McVey's Glittered Tabs technique to also enter into this week's Make It Monday over at PTI.  If you would like to check out Dawn's great video tutorial, you can find it here.

I took inspiration from Betsy Veldman's wonderfully cheerful winter color scheme I spied on her blog during the latest PTI release.  I just love the look of her colorful snowflakes using the new Snowflake Medley set.



Here is a close up of that pretty glittered tab.  I used 1/2" and 1/8" strips of Scor-Tape to adhere my glitter since I don't own any variety of the glue pads.  I used some Prisma glitter from PTI on the 1/8" strip, and some turquoise glitter (that I got from JoAnns eons ago, no name on the bottle) on the 1/2" strip.



All supplies are from PTI, aside from those already mentioned and bakers twine, thread, glimmer mist, and Versamark ink.

Thanks ever so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you showed the close up. Love the duo glitters. Also the snowflake behind the sentiment is a great touch. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. All the bright colors are fantastic.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete