Sunday, February 5, 2012

PTI 5th Anniversary Day 1 Challenge

This is my third post of a project for Papertrey Ink's 5th Anniversary Day One challenge.


My third card today was inspired by Heather's kraft with yellow tones seed packet card. I was drawn to the warm of the kraft and yellow combination, so I knew I wanted to make a card with those colors. I opted to use a kraft card base and stamped a floral background (masking off the sentiment area). Since this was a single layer card, I didn't want to use copies to color my flowers. While poking around my craft room looking for something to color with, I spotted my glimmer mists and decided to try painting with them. Surely it's been done before, but I haven't seen it. It was actually quite fun - I felt like I was back in watercolor class. And an added bonus ... a little shimmer shimmer to my card!

Oh, I do hope I win the big prize ... Wish me luck!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment