Saturday, February 18, 2012

PTI Make It Monday #53 - Creative Coasters

Today I am posting a card I made for the Papertrey Ink Make-It-Monday challenge. If you would like to play along, you can find the tutorial and information here.



I knew I wanted to use the seed packet die for the chipboard part of the challenge. The cutout reminded me of a horseshoe, so with my horse-crazed DD in mind, I just had to design a horse-themed card. I spritzed the coaster die cut with Glimmer Mist after stamping the designs to give it a shimmery rustic feel. I had originally planned to emboss it with the woodgrain impression plate, but thought that would be better used on the paper below. I recalled the beautiful paper from MME that Betsy Veldman had used on a couple of her PTI Anninversary projects and decided to try and make some similar to it. I stamped the various flowers and woodgrain background onto kraft card stock, then embossed the entire piece with the woodgrain impression plate. I just LOVE how it turned out and will definitely be making some more of this! I stamped the horse onto Fine Linen card stock and sponged the background with Berry Sorbet and Summer Sunrise inks. I colored the horse (outside of the mane) with Copic markers and painted the mane with some Coffee Shop Glimmer Mist to add a little extra shimmer. The coaster die cut is popped up to add some dimension. I wrapped some rustic twine around the card design and adhered it to the card base. Lastly, I added the flowers to give the card the congratulatory feeling of having a champion horse.

Supplies (all PTI unless noted):
Cardstock: Dark Chocolate, Summer Sunrise, Kraft, Fine Linen, Pure Poppy
Stamps: In Bloom, Green Thumb, Daydreamer, Garden Variety, Year of Flowers Collection, Background Basics Woodgrain, Postmarks, Horses (Inkadinkado)
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet, Canyon Clay, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, Classic Kraft, Old Olive (SU)
Dies: Seed Packet Frame, Button Card, Woodgrain impression plate
Other: Rustic Twine Jute, Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels), Copic markers, corner rounder (Crop-o-dile), mini flower punch (Michaels)

Thank you ever so much for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment