Friday, May 25, 2012

PTI May Blog Hop - The 7-Layer Salad, umm, I mean ... Card




This month's PTI Blog Hop challenge is to gleam inspiration from the above photo and use it to create a project!


My eye was first drawn to the ornate white plate in the inspiration photo, so I started with a die cut of the Simply Jane frame in white, embossed in white.  Next I spotted the pretty gingham-patterned plate with the decorative scallop design.  I knew I'd seen something similar in a PTI stamp, then remembered this one in the Birthday Tags set!  I wanted to use a die cut of the Beautiful Blooms in green to resemble the petal-shaped plate, but alas the cut was just a tad too small behind the tag image.  I settled upon a die cut from limitless layers ovals instead.


Lastly, I simply stacked and layered various die cuts of black and white patterns to finish the card.  There are a total of six layers (7 if the houndstooth card base counts), each one layered with foam dimensionals.  What a fun and modern card.  I just wish I knew someone who I thought the style was fitting for them.  :)

Supplies (All PTI unless noted otherwise):
Stamps: Background Basics: Houndstooth, Polka Dot Basics II, Simply Jane, Birthday Tags 2012
Ink: True Black, Versamark (Tsukineko)
Dies: Mega Mat Stack 1, Limitless Layers Ovals, Simply Jane
Card Stock: Stampers Select White, Simply Chartreuse, black (Recollections)
Other: white embossing powder (Ranger)

Thanks ever so much for stopping by today!

13 comments:

  1. i love your stamped focal point! it's a great mix of patterns too without being overpowering...nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Especially love the Simply Jane frame, so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the birthday tags in black. So much drama and focus. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning, Carrie! I love your mix of patterns and all those great layers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elegant!! All the layers are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love all of the layers as it brings the focus to the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous and I love all the layers and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, love all your layers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card! A great interpretation of the photo and all of your details are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! Great take on the challenge-you captured the inspiration beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE your BEAUTIFUL card!! Great take on the challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete