Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Make It Monday #136: Textured Stamping

This week's Make-It-Monday challenge is brought to us by Ashley.  She has shown us a clever way to make our solid surfaced stamps more versatile by achieving a subtle texture.  If you would like to check it out for yourself, you can find out all about it here.

This week I had another birthday card to make.  This time, for one of my nephews.  I'm generally at a bit of a loss when making boy cards, let alone tweenage boy cards.  But, here is what I managed to come up with:



I used Ashley's swipe technique on a few of the triangles, but it is best seen on the blue triangles.  I thought the result was really fabulous and gave a bit of a cool/hip factor to this tweenage card.  Ashley's technique is super simple and I am really happy to have it in my crafting arsenal.  Thanks, Ashley!



I turned this project into another zipper-hidden cash gift-hiding card.  I really love the PTI zipper border die for this purpose!



And lastly, a pic of the decorated inside:



All supplies are from PTI.

Thanks ever so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Great card - I have a hard time with the teen boys too but you nailed this - perfect MIM technique and love the zipper die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so using this great idea! Neat results, inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the design of this card. Outside and inside! I love how you put the cash inside :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card!! Love the design and the details are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete