Sunday, September 16, 2012

PTI Make It Monday #82: Cutting Stamps

In this week's Make It Monday, Erin Lincoln shows us some tips to make cutting apart our clear stamps an easy, versatile, and safe way of adding more options to our stamping projects.  If you would like to check it out for yourself, you can find all the info here.

For this challenge, I was a bit of a chicken.  I've only cut apart one other stamp, and while it turned out just fine, I'm still a bit nervous over the permanence of cutting my stamps apart.  I played it semi-safe for this challenge by cutting apart one of the stamps that I happen to have a second of ... the beautiful A Big Thank You set given out as a surprise with purchase by PTI late last year.

I had intended on making a rainbow spectrum of color using the cut apart stamp, but ended up with this color variation instead.



Sorry for the bad lighting ... darn those late night projects!  :)  I put a pretty piece of PP behind my card to make the white card base stand out from the white background a bit better.

Supplies:  A Big Thank You stamp set, Royal Velvet, Plum Pudding, Winter Wisteria, Enchanted Evening, and Blueberry Sky inks. 

Thanks ever so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Now why didn't I think of that? I have 3 of the 'thank you' sets from PTI!
    Love the simple elegance of your card. Color combos perfection!

    ReplyDelete