Wednesday, March 6, 2013

What's your thought on feathers?

Today I am posting a project I made for a few challenges:  the Mama Elephant Sketch Challenge 02 and PTI's MIM #106:  Two-Toned Stamping, and the Ombre Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.


  

If you would like to play along or check things out for yourself, you can find out all about it all here,  here,  or here.

I used all ME stamps for my project and all PTI inks and papers.  I used the MIM 2-toned effect on the feathers starting at the top with Royal Velvet ink, working on down with Plum Pudding, Winter Wisteria, and finally Lavender Moon.




I de-bossed the background with a woodgrain impression plate, sewed a seam near the spine and added some little pearls purchased at Michaels.




So what are your thoughts on feathers?  Are they all the rage in your book?
As far as feathers go, I really like this boxy-shaped one from Mama Elephant!

Thanks ever so much for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. I love your ombre feathers! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the new feather trend, and your card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feathers + Ombre = Trend Heaven! At least to me, hahah! This is beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with ME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this purple and look of it changing as the feathers "float" down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purples are the perfect color for your graphic feathers. You did a great job with the layout too. Loving your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fantastic and oh-so-trendy card - you should enter the Moxie Fab Ombre challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the 'ombre' effect! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your use of only one color but in varying shades! It really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the ombre effect you created and the texture with the background...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so nicely done....love your feathers...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for linking this up to the Ombre Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete