Sunday, March 18, 2012

PTI Make It Monday #57: Colored Kissing - Take 4

This week Papertrey Ink has a tutorial and challenge hosted by Heather. She has shown us how to "kiss with color" on our projects. If you would like to check it out for yourself, you can find all the info here.

My 9 year old wanted to get involved in this week's challenge, so I helped her a little bit to create a fun birthday bag tag. The idea is to use it for the "card" on a birthday party gift bag, so her recipient can have a little fun finding out who her present is from.


For the tag, we die cut one of the zipper dies and then cut a 2.75" x 4" piece of card stock (for the back). Stamped both pieces with the Background Basics Gingham stamp set so that both the front and back of the tag would look pretty. We die cut one of the Beautiful Butterfly dies, stamped it with Spring Rain ink, then my daughter chose to "kiss" the butterfly stamp with one of the Giga Guideline medallions with Enchanted Evening ink. She covered the "kissed" part with stickles to give the butterfly a little sparkle too.

Inside the zipper we've included a hand-written message to let the gift recipient know who the present is from. Isn't that fun? Here's a photo of the parts before we assembled them.


We used just the lines of the 25cent border stamp from Button Boutique to help draw emphasis to the PULL HERE message as well as to her name on the inside.

Supplies (all PTI unless noted):
Stamps: Beautiful Butterflies, Background Basics Gingham, Think Big Favorites #12, Button Boutique, Movers & Shakers Sentiments, Giga Guidelines
Ink: Spring Rain, Aqua Mist, Enchanted Evening, Cottage Ivy (Memento)
Dies: Beautiful Butterflies, Movers & Shakers Zippers
Card Stock: Stampers Select White
Other: Stickles (Ranger), Gelly Roll pen (Sakura)

I know my daughter would LOVE to hear comments about her project. Thanks for any kind words you leave for her!!

3 comments:

  1. A wonderful tag. Your daughter is obviously picking up your artistic talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute card. Love the gingham background. Its so great that you can share your hobby with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! This is a great card! I just got my Movers & Shakers Zippers Dies and haven't had time to play around with them yet, but I am going to go break them out now and get to crankin' the Big Shot!

    I hope to let me 9 year old daughter play with my stuff sometime, I just have a hard time b/c she doesn't take care of things as well as me, so it makes me extremely nervous, especially when she wants to use my copies!

    Greetings from Mooresville, IN

    ReplyDelete