Saturday, March 24, 2012

PTI Make It Monday #58- Graduated Backgrounds

This week Papertrey Ink has a tutorial and challenge hosted by Nichole. She has shown us two different ways to create a color wash for use in our projects. If you would like to check it out for yourself, you can find all the info here.

I started out using the re-inker graduated background technique. I'll admit, I had to pull out some good 'ole watercolor paints to help complete the color spectrum I was going for.

I started out trying to make a card to replicate a watercolor painting my 10 year old created while at art camp last summer. (Please excuse the vertical line of glass glare).


I didn't quite get the same effect. Go figure. :) The result did remind me of Batik fabric ... so I stamped over the top and shaded with some Copics to achieve this look:


I spritzed and impressed the card base, then added some hand-dyed scrunchy seam binding and a little bling for added visual interest.

Supplies (all PTI unless noted):
Stamps: Giga Guide Lines, Think Big Favorites #4
Ink: Enchanted Evening, Bermuda (Amuse)
Dies: Quatrefoil Coverplate, Edgers #1
Card Stock: Stampers Select White, Enchanted Evening
Other: Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels), Copic markers, Seam Binding (Hug Snug), Bling (Michaels)

Thanks ever so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment