Sunday, April 15, 2012

PTI Make It Monday #61: Creating Flowers With Leaf Dies

This week Papertrey Ink has a tutorial and challenge hosted by Dawn. She has shown us how to put our dies to double duty by creating flowers with them. If you would like to check it out for yourself, you can find all the info here.

I perused my die collection to look for a non-flower die to use to make a flower. I spied my grape die from the Fruit Fusion collection and decided to try and make them look like lilacs.

At first I used a small dot stamp from the Mat Stack 4 collection to add color to my lilacs, but my hubby said they looked like grapes. So, I pulled out the smallest stamp from Mehndi Medallion and stamped that on top. The extra stamping took away some of the dimension, but I'm hoping they no longer look like grapes.


I decided to make it a Mother's Day card. Since my Mother-In-Law loves the softer shades of purple, I thought it'd be the perfect card for her. She's a sewing quilter/crafter and is one of the few people in my life who appreciate the effort that goes into my card-making. :)

Supplies (all PTI unless noted):
Stamps: Happy Day, Mat Stack 4, Fruit Fusion: Grapes, Mehndi Medallion, Turning a New Leaf
Ink: Versamark (Tsukineko), Spring Moss, Tea Dye Duo, Heather (Amuse), Blackberry (Amuse), Lulu Lavender (Momento), Sweet Plum (Momento), Lilac Posies (Momento), Grape Jelly (Momento)
Dies: Turning a new Leaf, Fruit Fusion: Grapes, Linen & Canvas impression plate
Card Stock: Stampers Select White, Spring Moss, Lavender Moon
Other: Scallop punch (SU!), green ribbon (Michaels), bakers twine (The Twinery)

Thanks ever so much for stopping by today!

4 comments:

  1. I thought this was a difficult challenge based on the dies in my stash. Would have to say I think these look like lilacs and what a sweet card. I'm sure your MIL will be thrilled with it as the colors are so soft and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! This is amazing. It must have taken you hours lol!! I love it, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! Love what you did. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have words for this one-just WOW! So creative and executed so well to boot. You really inspire me! Your second post for this challenge is beautiful too. Sorry that i missed out on several of the MIMs lately. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete