Sunday, April 15, 2012

PTI Make It Monday #61: Creating Flowers With Leaf Dies - Take 2

This week Papertrey Ink has a tutorial and challenge hosted by Dawn. She has shown us how to put our dies to double duty by creating flowers with them. If you would like to check it out for yourself, you can find all the info here.

I decided to use PTI's Leafy Vine border die for this challenge. I was able to cut one die cut right down the middle, roll, glue, and make 2 flower blooms from it. I made a total of 5 blooms for this card.


I just got my hot little hands on some Mister Huey's color mists Friday night, so I was anxious to try them out. It certainly was fun & I can't wait to experiment with them some more very soon!

Supplies (all PTI unless noted otherwise):
Stamps: Simply Jane, Turning a New Leaf, Sew Lovely (The Craft's Meow)
Inks: Versamark (Tsukineko), Simply Chartreuse, Smokey Shadow, Cherry (Amuse)
Dies: Simply Jane, Turning a New Leaf, Leafy Vine Border, Edger's #1 (corners rounded by hand)
Paper: Vintage Cream, Smokey Shadow, Spring Moss, AB Lotus Tea Box (K&Co), vintage book page
Other: clear embossing powder (Superior), Mister Huey's color mists in Real Red & Leaf Green (American Crafts)

Thanks ever so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment