Monday, July 23, 2012

PTI Stamp-a-faire: Camp Card Set Challenge



Ahhhh, the weekend I've been waiting a year for!  Last year was Papertrey Ink's first annual Stamp-a-faire event.  It was held in Cincinnati and I was so fortunate to be able to attend.  It was awesome getting to meet in person all the wonderful PTI Gals whose blogs I read on a weekly basis!  I am so thankful that I had (and took) the opportunity to go last year, because ...


This year's Stamp-a-faire event was held online!  The PTI Gals did a fabulous job this year with all of the tutorials, videos, challenges, and forum chatting.  It was even better than I'd expected!  If you would like to check it out for yourself, you can find out all about it here.





The sixth challenge for the day was the Camp Card Set Challenge.  Nichole challenged us to create a card set, to give as a gift or to keep for ourselves, in an effort to keep the tradition of a handwritten note alive!  If you would like to play along, you can find out all about it here.


I knew I wanted to make a card set for my friend who is a Thirty-One consultant/director.  She likes to send her downlines cards from time-to-time and I wanted to make some cards that she could use for that purpose.  After a few failed design attempts, I went to my inspiration file and decided to CASE this card by Dawn McVey.



I wanted to keep the design all pink as that is the signature Thirty-One color.  I used  Bubblegum Glimmer Mist to spritz on the background, stamped a strip of houndstooth in Raspberry Fizz, and topped it with a strip of Raspberry Fizz PP in the leafy vine pattern.  A die cut rectangle out of Hibiscus Burst card stock was layered over a die cut scalloped rectangle of Raspberry Fizz card stock.  I stamped a different sentiment onto each rectangle and heat embossed them in white.  The star from Super Stars was stamped in Raspberry Fizz onto Stamper's Select White card stock and cut it out by hand.  The rectangle and star were both adhered with foam dimensionals.  I love the sentiments for this set - totally uplifting and motivational!  Hopefully my friend and her downlines will feel the same way.  :)




Aside from the Spellbinders dies, mist, and bling-bling, all supplies are from PTI.


Thanks to the PTI Gals for all the great inspiration they have provided today!


Thanks ever so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I have a bunch of stars stuff, but no boys to make cards or papercrafts for. Seeing this card gave me some great ideas for girls. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete