Sunday, July 22, 2012

PTI Stamp-a-faire: Tie-Dye Techniques - Marbleized Technique



Ahhhh, the weekend I've been waiting a year for!  Last year was Papertrey Ink's first annual Stamp-a-faire event.  It was held in Cincinnati and I was so fortunate to be able to attend.  It was awesome getting to meet in person all the wonderful PTI Gals whose blogs I read on a weekly basis!  I am so thankful that I had (and took) the opportunity to go last year, because ...

This year's Stamp-a-faire event was held online!  The PTI Gals did a fabulous job this year with all of the tutorials, videos, challenges, and forum chatting.  It was even better than I'd expected!  If you would like to check it out for yourself, you can find out all about it here.





The fifth challenge for the day was the Tie Dye Techniques Challenge.  Nichole provided three different techniques/tutorials to achieve a tie-dye effect in our projects.  Our challenge is to utilize one of the techniques in a replica project or in one of our own.  If you would like to play along, you can find out all about it here.


I am completely new to the Marbleized Technique and decided it looked really cool to try.  I pulled out my Pure Poppy, Raspberry Fizz, and Orange Zest re-inkers, gathered a tray, some shaving cream, and my two DDs.  We stood at the kitchen table and watched as the magic happened!  My kids are at the age where tie-dye is all the rage, so I can see this technique being used for many a future birthday party card!  :)





I can't wait to play with the shaving cream again ... but this time with some cool boy colors!  I'm thinking Spring Rain, Spring Moss, and some Smokey Shadow ... hmmm, need to order a  Smokey Shadow re-inker!  ;)


Thanks to the PTI Gals for all the great inspiration they have provided!


Aside from the shaving cream and baker's twine, all supplies are from PTI.


Thanks ever so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Your color combination and pattern really turned out great! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete