Sunday, July 22, 2012

PTI Stamp-a-faire: Ribbon Techniques Challenge - Betsy's Technique



Ahhhh, the weekend I've been waiting a year for!  Last year was Papertrey Ink's first annual Stamp-a-faire event.  It was held in Cincinnati and I was so fortunate to be able to attend.  It was awesome getting to meet in person all the wonderful PTI Gals whose blogs I read on a weekly basis!  I am so thankful that I had (and took) the opportunity to go last year, because ...


This year's Stamp-a-faire event was held online!  The PTI Gals did a fabulous job this year with all of the tutorials, videos, challenges, and forum chatting.  It was even better than I'd expected!  If you would like to check it out for yourself, you can find out all about it here.




The first challenge for the day was the Ribbon Techniques Challenge.  Each DT member provided a technique/tutorial utilizing a different ribbon technique and our challenge is to utilize one of them in a replica project or in one of our own.  If you would like to play along, you can find out all about it here.


I chose to do a close replica of Betsy's project with ribbon flowers.  I changed the colors, sentiment, and used a solid satin ribbon instead of the bitty dot.




I used some natural stone beads for the flower centers and they faired the heat from the flame quite well.  These flowers were surprisingly fun to make - and quite magical in the way they just curled up and transformed into a fluffy flower.




I decided to go ahead and make this into a Mother's Day card for my MIL.  Next year, I'll be ahead of the game!  That is if, come next Mother's Day, I can actually find where I stowed the card ...  hehe!




Aside from the ribbon flowers and Mother's Day sentiment, all supplies are by PTI.


Thanks ever so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Your card is wonderful, I LOVE the colors! You did a fantastic job with the ribbon. TFS.

    ReplyDelete